Project Atlas, near Wandoan, is the first natural gas acreage in Australia dedicated to supplying domestic customers.
Senex’s ground-breaking Project Atlas is supplying natural gas to generate electricity and make products in Queensland from bricks to beverage bottles.
The project is delivering much‑needed gas to Queensland manufacturers, protecting manufacturing companies and jobs in the State.
Atlas is the first natural gas acreage in Australia dedicated to supplying domestic
customers, who include state-owned power generator CleanCo, building products maker CSR and glass packaging companies Orora and O-I. The development also supports hundreds of jobs in Queensland across construction and operations.
Natural gas produced from Atlas, about 20km south-west of Wandoan in
Queensland’s Surat Basin, also supports the regional economy and generates
royalties for the State Government to support roads, schools and hospitals.
手机凤凰体育Project Atlas comprises an initial ~60 natural gas wells, pipelines and a processing facility to compress the gas for delivery to customers. Senex is partnering with the Wandoan community, including landowners, businesses and community organisations to develop and supply gas from Atlas to the Australian market.
Watch the Project Atlas story .
Read more about Project Atlas here.
Project Atlas snapshot:
- 58sq km acreage (100 per cent Senex)
- 144 petajoules (PJ) of 2P reserves booked
- initial ~60 wells, with over 100 wells in total over the project life
- ~12PJ/year (32*TJ/day) firm gas processing capacity
- 60km gas pipeline to allow access to Wallumbilla Gas Hub
- gas processing facility and pipeline owned and operated by energy infrastructure operator Jemena
- first gas from new facility delivered in late 2019