手机凤凰体育Roma North is Senex’s initial development area in the Western Surat Gas Project (WSGP). This followed the separation of one gas sales agreement with GLNG, signed in 2015, into two. One agreement covers the Glenora, Eos, Mimas and Tethys blocks (Roma North); and the other covers the remainder of WSGP.
手机凤凰体育Our Roma North development, about 30km north of Roma, will produce important natural gas supplies for the next 30 years.
手机凤凰体育The 370km2 development includes an initial ~50 natural gas wells, a processing facility and a 5km pipeline to our customer, GLNG.
Roma North is supporting the regional economy and generating royalties for the State Government to provide and maintain roads, schools and hospitals.
Gas processing facility and pipeline
In June 2019, Senex announced the sale of its Roma North processing facility and pipeline to major energy infrastructure operator Jemena for $50 million.
Under the agreement, Jemena owns the facility and pipeline, and will process and transport natural gas to market under a long-term gas tolling arrangement.
This agreement has helped to accelerate efficient recovery of Senex’s material upstream gas reserves in the western Surat Basin due to its low-cost expansion options and competitive long-term tariff arrangements.
Roma North snapshot:
- 370sq km acreage (100 per cent Senex)
- 5km pipeline to existing GLNG infrastructure
- Initial ~50-wells
- initial ~6PJ/year (16TJ/day) gas processing facility
- low-cost expansion option to ~9PJ/year (24TJ/day)
- further expansion capacity up to site capacity ~18PJ/year (48TJ/day)
- energy infrastructure operator Jemena owns and operates the gasprocessing facility and pipeline
- 20-year gas sales agreement with GLNG for up to 50TJ/day
- processing facility and pipeline constructed and operational