手机凤凰体育The Western Surat Gas Project (WSGP) involves the delivery of natural gas to our customer, GLNG from an area spanning approximately 915 square kilometres of Senex permits north of Roma. The project is largely located within the Maranoa Regional Council area and adjacent to producing gas fields operated by Santos and Origin Energy.
In the 2019 financial year Senex sanctioned Roma North as an initial development area in the WSGP. This followed the separation of one gas sales agreement with GLNG, signed in 2015, into two. One agreement covers the Glenora, Eos, Mimas and Tethys blocks (Roma North); and the other covers the remainder of WSGP. Read more about the agreements with GLNG here.
手机凤凰体育Development of the rest of WSGP is subject to a future Final Investment Decision.
Read more about Roma North.
Agreements with GLNG
In September 2015, Senex announced that it had entered into agreements with GLNG for the development of the Project, and in December 2015 Senex completed the sale transaction with GLNG. The agreements include:
- The sale of a small portion of Senex acreage to GLNG (known as the Maisey block)
- A 20-year binding gas sales agreement to supply up to 50 TJ/day to GLNG
- Potential sharing of infrastructure facilities
- Data sharing including ongoing access to subsurface and production data from the adjacent Roma field (Santos operated)
Read the full announcement on the GLNG agreements
Key Project Facts
- Ownership: Senex Energy 100% and operator
- Location: 30 km north of Roma, Queensland
- Project Area: approximately 915 sq km
- Target gas production: up to 50 terajoules / day
- First wells online: end 2016 (pilot program)
- Permits: ATP 795, ATP 767 and part of ATP 889
- Surat Basin Gas Reserves (net to Senex): 2P reserves 74.4 mmboe (438 PJ); 1P reserves 13.8 mmboe (81 PJ)
Areas and figures are as at 30 June 2017
In converting petajoules to million barrels of oil equivalent, Senex has applied a conversion rate of 1 mmboe = 5.880 PJ